So I decide to test the lamellae binding. It's easy and the result is interesting so I probably make more of this binding.
The cover and spine is made with a single long strip - I used thick graphic paper that I painted with watercolor and applied salt (when the watercolor was still wet) for extra effect. (salt on watercolor don't give the fine results as ice-pattern paper but is a good substitute).
You fold the spine into a narrow concertina to which the section are sewn.
Between the concertinas on the spine you glue lamellae - I used balsa wood.
|Scoring the concertina folds|
|Sewing the sections onto the concertina|
|instruction from 'bookbinder' 2012|
|the glued lamellae drying under pressure|
|Spine and front+back cover|